Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 February 2011 17:07
Network Operations Centre www.ionio.gr/noc
The Ionian University Network Operations Centre (NOC) provides Internet services to all the members of the University community, students and employees alike. NOC aims firstly at developing and secondly at operating efficiently a complete voice and data transmission network at the Ionian University. By developing the appropriate applications and by providing support concerning network issues to all the members of the University community, NOC aims at a more efficient use of the network and at the introduction of new technologies to the administrative and educational activities of the Ionian University.
In an effort to develop tele-education and establish it as a part of the educational process, while entering the Information Society, NOC has developed and operates synchronous and asynchronous tele-education services. More specifically, as far as asynchronous tele-education is concerned, the Ionio e-class platform is in operation and available for use for the benefit of the academic community. This platform aims at reinforcing and supporting the educational process, and certainly not at replacing face-to-face interaction.
The main goals of the asynchronous tele-education service are:
- the upgrading of the Institution’s undergraduate and postgraduate study programmes;
- the best use of the rich educational material;
- the creation of a user-friendly means for the interaction and continual communication between teachers and students.
- The services provided in the context of the Ionio e-class asynchronous tele-education platform focus on:
- continual circulation of educational material: teachers have the ability to provide students with educational material in digital form (text files, presentations, videos, links, etc.);
- continual communication between teachers and students: (the ability to post announcements, to assign and hand in papers, to exchange e-mail messages, to chat, etc.)
- Ionio e-class Platform (e-class)
- Secretariat’s Web-based Services (gramweb)
- Web-based Email Services (webmail)